Looking for a simple and easy to make dessert that requires a little ingredients? Why not try this simple Tiramisu Recipe below! 🙂 Next time, I will teach you how to make the authentic version.
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 150 grams heavy cream
- ¼ cup fine sugar
- about 25 pieces ladyfingers (savoiardi biscuits in Italian)
- 1 ¼ cup of strong and very good espresso, room temperature
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Prepare your espresso in advance and allow to cool or under room temperature.
- Whip the mascarpone until fluffy then add 3 tablespoons of heavy cream to lighten it a bit. Continue whipping until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip the remaining heavy cream and sugar until it thickens like icing consistency. Set aside.
- Dip the ladyfingers to the espresso for 3 seconds and make sure to turn it around to have an even coating of the coffee. Arrange neatly in a serving plate or to your desired dish.
- Pipe in or spread in the mascarpone and heavy cream mixture then repeat the layering of ladyfingers. Allow to set first in the fridge for at least 4 hours or better overnight to allow the flavor to fully develop. Dust with cocoa powder before serving. Enjoy! 🙂
Watch the video below and please don’t forget to like and subscribe also to my YouTube channel.
- No espresso machine? No problem! You can use instant coffee by dissolving 3 tablespoons of good instant coffee to 1 1/4 cups of hot water. Let it cool first.
- If you cannot find heavy cream in your area, you can use all-purpose cream instead. Make sure though that it is cold before using.
- In case you are curious, I was using coconut sugar just to add a little nutty taste to the cream mixture.
- For those living in the Philippines, use broas or even sponge cake cut in strips if you cannot find any ladyfingers 🙂
- On my video, I used total of 15 ladyfingers only but I still have some more mascarpone-cream mixture left that would be enough to extend your line of ladyfingers to make it up to 7 per layer if following my style based on the video. Feel free to follow your own style and use whatever is most convenient for you.
- Just a hint, it is best eaten after resting overnight in the fridge 🙂
Did you also make this recipe?
Tag me @theintrovertkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #theintrovertkitchen