Yes, you can make blueberry pancakes using the blueberry spread and it tastes just great! 🙂
Follow the simple recipe below and don’t forget to share it with your special someone! This recipe can make 5-6 regular-sized pancakes.
- 100 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fine sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 large egg
- 100 grams whole milk or 50 grams milk + 50 grams plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted butter
- 50 grams blueberry spread
- Combine the dry ingredients and whisk. Set aside.
- Beat the egg until light and foamy then add the vegetable oil and milk. Mix in the blueberry spread until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to your wet mixture and mix until smooth.
- Lightly grease your pan using vegetable oil and heat under medium heat.
- Once your pan is ready, scoop about a quarter cup of your batter onto your prepared pan. Allow to cook until bubbles begin to appear on the side – approximately 2-3 minutes or depending on the size of your batter and temperature of your pan. Flip to cook the other side. Serve while still warm.
- Make sure that all your ingredients are in room temperature.
- It is crucial that your pan is not too hot nor too cold to make the perfect pancake. The first two pancakes can be a little ”overdone” but this will be normal. If your pan gets too hot, you can remove it from the heat for few seconds before pouring the next batter then put back to the heat source again to continue cooking.
- Depending on the sweetness of your blueberry preserve, you can skip the sugar.
Did you also make this recipe?
Tag me @theintrovertkitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #theintrovertkitchen